Sunday, January 29, 2012

Perspective

     So my last post has brought around a lot of conversation in my household about what a parents roles is in their child’s life should be and needs to be.  Not really what I intended, but it has been great!  But yesterday for me brought it all into perspective.  As I sat just out of eye line to my husband and son I hear them begin to read one of his favorite Dr. Seuss book, it sounded like this…”My eyes see..your eyes see, Hudson where are your eyes? Good boy! Where is your nose? Good boy, I love you” and then the sound of the best kind of kiss in the world, I forehead kiss.  I wish I would have had my camera so that I could sneak up and get a picture of the two of them snuggled in on the couch spending time together.  It then occurred to me how one tiny moment it time is so wonderful and precious.  It those moments when no one is supposed to be paying any attention that end up being the best.  The times when Hudson doesn’t realize that we are watching him and he is dancing or giving one of is animals a kiss, these are the moments that come and go so quickly that I want to cherish forever.  I know that we are going to continue to need to trust in God’s and lean on Him for help and guidance as we navigate parenting, but as long as he keeps giving me these two second moments, I am up for the challenge. 

Here are some more moments that were caught unexpectedly that I figured went well in this post. 

Tara

IMG_3826005P8190002IMG_3961

1 comment:

  1. might send Johnny over here to read this. He gets so caught up in the big moments that he forgets to enjoy the little ones like when she's sitting in the swing smiling in her sleep. I always tell him everything else can wait! this moment isn't going to last, and she isn't going to be this small forever so savor it! <3 Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete